Instead of using fear to teach about violence prevention, Kidpower makes it FUN to learn to be safe.
Read Ten Kidpower Safety Tips for Parents of Young Children a very informative and helpful list of safety tips that will keep your child safe.
1. Put Safety First.
2. Stay calm and upbeat.
3. Stay in charge.
4. Pay attention to your own intuition.
5. Set a good example.
6. Give your kids practice in taking charge.
7. Accept children’s right to be upset or have unhappy feelings when you need to set limits.
8. Empower children with choices when you can.
9. Remember that affection should always be a child’s choice.
10. Listen to Children!